What should I do if I was denied long-term disability benefits?
Employees are what make great businesses great, and, as an employee, you may be entitled to a variety of benefits under your employer’s benefit plans in the event of an injury or disability that prevents you from working. If you believe that you have not been treated fairly by your individual, or employer’s insurer, you should not hesitate to contact a long-term disability lawyer.
Workers usually either receive long-term disability insurance through their employer’s benefit plan or purchase coverage directly on their own. Long-term disability benefits provide you with peace of mind knowing that, if one day you become disabled and are unable to work, you will be provided with a replacement income. These benefits entitle you to a monthly payment to cover your living and medical expenses. Typically you can receive up to two years’ worth of benefits if you are unable to perform the duties of your occupation. Afterwards, in order to secure the benefits, you will be required to show that you cannot perform “any” occupation. Disputes with insurers often involve questions regarding the nature of your injury, emotional trauma, or effect of a critical illness. If you believe that your insurer did not treat you fairly, we can help.
The following are some examples of disputes regarding long-term disability benefits:
- Your long-term disability claim was denied because you were considered not sufficiently disabled to secure the benefits
- You were denied long-term disability benefits because your psychological trauma was judged as not qualifying as a disability
- Your long-term disability claim was denied because you made a mistake or misrepresentation on your insurance application
During the initial consultation we will help you to:
- Determine whether you have been treated unfairly by your insurer
- Recognize your legal entitlements under your insurance contract
- Understand all your possible options going forward
- Create a strategy tailored to your case in order to provide you with best outcome in your case
If you have been denied long-term disability benefits, you should not have to face your struggle alone.
Call a long-term disability lawyer today: (416) 616- 5628.
Our track record speaks for itself: We are the leading experts in the field.